Friday, June 15, 2007

Modern Masterpiece

I am very excited to FINALLY unveil my new art form: Modern Masterpieces. Here's how it came about:

I was captivated by the portrait art of Rembrandt; I loved his lush backgrounds and his stylized lighting. I loved, too, the portrait work of John Singer Sergeant and Phillip Stewart Charis. I studied their work to see what parts captivated me. I thought long and hard about what this style of art would look like in "Cherie" style. And finally, I decided that it was time to debut this fine art in Salem. Whew!

It involves not just the style of capture (lighting, background and photography), but also the artwork that follows. Every detail is attended to, right down to the individual pore. Hours of careful attention are paid to each image. The presentation is also unique: canvas with a stylized high-gloss finish. It truly is a return to the Old Masters style of portraiture, and I'm very excited to bring this art into the modern era. For more details, click here.

No comments: