Sunday, January 31, 2010

Whisper of the Divine

I have always believed that there is a huge difference between what is 'real' and what is 'true'. Lately, I've been coming across articles that show me I am not alone in my ruminations, including this one from 1978, written by sci-fi/fantasy writer Phillip K. Dick. It is a beautiful exploration of life, the universe, and everything. (Wait, that's a different fantasy author...) :)

On Facebook this morning, I quickly quipped my thoughts. When I went back, I was struck by how deeply it was MY truth. I thought I'd share:

People always comment on how unique my portrait art is. I think it's because I'm always striving to capture truth, which is deep & beautiful in each person. 'Reality' is so unreal, and I try to take only that part which is integral to each person. I mainly focus on revealing the amazing spirit within. And then my art has beauty & integrity, because it captures a whisper of the Divine.

No comments: