Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mission, Vision, Goal - the final of four reflections

I have been talking about mission, and my journey to discover what drives me. In this final reflection, I want to share how this affects my business practices.

My life’s mission is to love, encourage and uplift others – to share their joys and their burdens, and to dance with all my heart, soul and mind down the footpath of life.

In my studio, my mission is expressed in both the experience and the finished art. That's why I originated the boutique studio concept three years ago. I want everyone to feel nurtured when they visit our studio - I want them (and me!) to feel that they have just spent a wonderful hour laughing and sharing with a good friend - and I hope that is true! I also want my clients to look at their finished art and to feel encouraged about themselves and their lives.

I support local and national organizations through my studio, as well. I have been so proud to be part of NILMDTS, an organization that brings portrait art to those who have suffered infant loss. (I just discovered that one of the homepage slideshow images is one that I created - it made me cry to see it.) I support our local Ten Thousand Villages, an artisan shop that brings dignity and living wages to those in third world countries. Check out my website for two upcoming events that help this wonderful organization. I support the local arts community by donating my time and photography to Salem Senateaires, Salem POPS and Willamette Master Chorus.

My creative goal is to express the heart & soul of each client through natural, insightful, fresh photography. My financial goal is really very simple – to generate income beyond my needs through clients who gladly invest in both portrait art and written word, so that I can generously share with others.

And that brings me back to my purpose in life – to love, to share, to encourage, to explore, to appreciate. It’s not a grand goal. But I hope, when I reach the end of this dance called life, to look back and say “Yes, I do believe I made a difference here and there.” And it will be enough.

No comments: