Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mission, Vision, Goal - the second of four reflections

As I discussed in my last posting, I decided to tackle my own mission, vision, goal statements. I was skeptical about the process, because I felt that it tended to be unproductive. But to my surprise, it turned out to be a very good exercise. I found that there is a very strong driving force in my life, one that influences virtually every decision I make. Now, is it one that is common? Yes, I'm sure it is. There are probably millions of others who have the same motivation - the same MVG. But I realize that it is in the execution of our vision that we bring our unique strengths to the world and to each other.

And so, here is my mission:

My life’s mission is to love, encourage and uplift others – to share their joys and their burdens, and to dance with all my heart, soul and mind down the footpath of life.

So, what does this mean? I'll talk about both my personal and my professional demonstrations of this in my next two blogs.

No comments: